Re: Standard directory

On Tue, 9 Sep 1997, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

>  >On Mon, 8 Sep 1997, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
>  >
>  >>  Given most of the MiNT ports come from Linux, I agree. But keeping in
>  >> touch with the "old" ways is a fairly good idea too. Otherwise, things
>  >> like Jo Even Skarstein's Connex refuse to work if/when executables and
>  >> related files are not where it expects them.
>  >
>  >I'd just like to point out that Connexion can be configured to look
>  >for pppd anywhere, it only looks in /usr/ucb by default. If anybody
>  >has any suggestions for (reasonable) alternative locations for pppd,
>  >please let me know and I'll add it to the default search-path.
>
> It's not just PPPD. There are related chatfiles and connect/disconnect
> scripts, which Connex does not seem to correctly find, even after I made
> the switch from PPPkit's slightly deviant folder structure to the pure
> Mintnet structure..... unless Connex looks for files with case-sensitive?

Connexion doesn't care about pppd's configuration-files at all, the only
file it cares about is pppd itself. If you have problems with this it's
pppd that's incorrectly set up.

Yes, Connexion runs in the MiNT-domain so case-sensitivity is on. That's
also valid for pppd, perhaps this is the source of your problems.

You should download the latest Connexion-beta, earlier versions had some
problems with MiNT < 1.14.

/*
** Jo Even Skarstein   http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~josk/
**
**   beer - maria mckee - atari falcon - babylon 5
*/