RE: Security stuff

> > VDI does not matter, VDI is a part of GEM.
>
> And where's the point if all these attempts (that will break most existing
> pograms) ignore the fact that you can get into supervisor mode with one AES
> or VDI call?

The point is that you can't run GEM remotely (via telnet). If you're able
to run GEM, it mostly means, that you're root on the machine, and the root
has no reason to hack own system.

I thought it was so simple, that most people could understand it. But I
was apparently wrong; I can even say I am disappointed, because YOU,
famous Julian Reschke, who wrote Atari Profibuch etc., seem to don't
get the difference between a local user (who is supposedly root and
can run GEM and GEM programs) and remote user (who can use only telnet).

Or you just have bad will to not understand it?

Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz

mail:draco@nidus.mi.com.pl
http://www.orient.uw.edu.pl/~conradus/
 IRC:[Draco]

*** Ea natura multitudinis est,
*** aut servit humiliter, aut superbe dominatur.
*** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono
*** unizenie, albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.
                                           (Liv. XXIV, 25)