Re: Serial.CPX and HS-Modem problems

On Sat, 13 Sep 1997, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

>  After additional testing, it turns out 7812/31250 baud and MIDI
> are correctly found when booting under Single-TOS. However, some
> FlowControl values shown are not supposed to be available.  Some
> data/stop/parity combinations are illegal also.
>
> One notable difference is, the CPX shows "RSVF Supported" within
> Single-TOS, but NOT when using MiNT.  However, Cookies.CPX found
> the RSVf cookie in both cases.... and yes, I *do* use HSMINST if
> I bootup MiNT.

I've always had the best results when I run HS-Modem from the auto-folder
before MiNT, and not use HSMINST at all. Some people says that this
doesn't work, but it works perfectly for me. I'm currently using this
setup and MiNTnet to connect my Falcon to the net via a 115k2
nullmodem-cable (ppp), and I get extremely reliable ftp-transfer rates
@10Kb/s.

This also works very well with CoNnect, but I haven't tried STiK or STiNG
under MiNT yet.

/*
** Jo Even Skarstein   http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~josk/
**
**   beer - maria mckee - atari falcon - babylon 5
*/