Re: Multitasking during disc access (was: Re: MiNT scheduling)

On Thu, 13 Nov 1997, Mario Becroft wrote:

> Now if only somehow MiNT could multitask while disc access is occuring. Is
> this possible? If this could be done it would help some things a great
> deal. But is it possible, or is MiNT inherently unable to do so? I hear
> also that in MagiC this feature can be problematic... so it even possible
> to make such a feature work stable?

Stable if someone has too much time ;o)

The Problem is, that MiNT does not make taskswitching in supervisor mode.
The filesystems for MiNT have to be fixed, as they rely on this fact, as
far as I remember. So you have to fix the filesystems and to that, you
have to take an eye on Bios and Xbios. I bet, they will make some
problems, too. But for Bios and Xbios don't exists free avaiable sources,
so they have to be written from scratch (and should be in Assembler, of
course :o)

jps