Re: LAN-port (Falcon) under MiNT

  On Thu, 15 Jan 1998, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

  >   I'm having problems with the LAN-port under MiNT. If I just copy some
  >
  > That reminds me of my recent post about MiNT messing up the MIDI port,
  > even though it used to work correctly before with ConNect. However, I
  > cannot use ANY port correctly under MiNT. I *would* use HS-Modem, but
  > on my Stacy it seems MiNT (especially MiNTnet) and HS-Modem cannot be
  > running at the same time;  I can use ConNect with MFP/MIDI modules in
  > single-TOS, but *none* of the HS-Modem modules work with MiNT:  they
  > freeze MiNT at bootup while loading SOCKDEV.XDD and SLIP.XIF which
  > sounds very similar to Josk's problem above.

  Modem2 works fine with HS-Modem/MiNT, so does the MIDI-ports.
  The problem occurs only with the LAN-port.

  BTW. your problem (MiNT freeze when loading MiNTnet) is probably
  caused by running HS-Modem *after* MiNT. I know this contradicts
  the docs, but HS-Modem *must* run before MiNT.

Nope. I run it *before* MiNT and use RSVX.PRG to re-install the RSVF
cookie after MiNT, so that's not it. Besides, everything works fine
on my TT; only my Stacy buggers and the symptoms with your LAN port
are the same as my MIDI port on the Stacy.

From: Martin-Eric Racine FUNKYWARE http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk
Atari TT030 12/48 NVDI 4.11r0, MiNT 1.14.5, N.AES 1.1.0, GlueSTiK
 Unsollicited material will be proof-read for $100 USD per word,
 payable within 10 days.  Submission of your advertisement to my
 address constitutes your formal acceptance of these terms.
 <TITLE><BLINK><H1>No HTML Messages Please!</H1></BLINK></TITLE>