Re: gluestik and cab.ovl > 1.2704 crashes

  >re: your email problem - have you read the ovldoc.txt file? There are only
  >two items that need to be configured to make mailto: URLs work - in the
  >CAB server/proxy menu, you must define an SMTP server. In the CABOVL.CNF
  >file, you must define your email address. This address will be used in the
  >"From" headers of all email you send. All mail will be sent to the SMTP
  >server you specify, and that SMTP server must allow relaying.

  This is exactly what I was missing: a ovldoc.txt file. Could you please
  tell me where I could download the latest ovl-version?

  There is another bug I found out right now (perhabs a bit more a cab-bug).
  The mintnet-ovl crashes with cab 2.6. With cab 2.5 it works fine. (execpt
  of that I don't know how to set up email...).

Go to http://highlandsun.com/hyc/ and get the package there.

  >re: authorization problem - have you got the latest OVL? There was a bug in
  >the first cut, it would go into an infinite loop when you successfully
  >authenticated. This bug was fixed, and there are no known auth bugs in 1.840
 2
  >which is the last version I've distributed. I have only made two small bug
  >fixes since then, which I have yet to release. (In module.h, I had to change
  >reloadflag from type "int *" to type "short *" since I compile with 32-bit
  >int's. This bug causes the OVL to always send the ignore-cache HTTP directiv
 es
  >on every request, which is annoying. The bug really only affects people usin
  >a proxy server. The other bug is that the OVL returned -1 (failure) instead
 of
  >0 (success) after receiving a Not Modified response to a conditional GET. If
  >you want these fixes right away, let me know. I figured they were too minor
  >to justify packaging up a new release.)

  Is it possible that these fixes also could solve my problem with cab 2.6
  (mentioned above)?

The two fixes I mention here can not cause a crash. There may be other fixes
which you are missing though. You didn't say which version of the OVL you have,
and anyway, I don't remember much of my experience with 2.6. I was only using
it for a short time before the 2.7 betas started arriving.
  -- Howard