getopt

On Mon, 5 Jan 1998, Katherine L Ellis wrote:

> hi, Well apparently no one really considered my question/suggestion
> about getopt().
> I am saying it again, 80% of the program ported from unix don't work
> correctly. I have to everytime link getopt.h getopt.c.
> These I am not allucinating, the port of mutt for example also states
> that getopt from mint are kinda weird and don't fetch everything
> correctly.

I replaced the MiNTlib getopt with the GNU getopt at my system. This runs
fine. I only had once a old bsd source, which didn't like the GNU getopt
and I had to modify a getopt parameter.
The GNU packages mostly come with their own getopt, which is automatically
included after running configure, so what is exactly your problem?

Nevertheless, including stuff from the GNUlib into MiNTlib is a good idea
and I know, some people (like myself) did this already.

jps