Re: Supervisor mode & multitasking

Konrad,

>As I know from someone else (hi, Anders ;)), BadMood developers need
>multitasking in supervisor to make the program networkable.  As I looked
>at the Super() and Supexec() system calls, they can't be fixed easily to
>do that, besides, it might broke compatibility with existing software (you
>never know which program takes advantage of the fact that there's no
>multitasking in supermode). So, the best solution for now is, in my
>opinion, to add the THIRD system call referring to the supervisor mode.

So if I understand you, you're going to add a BadMood specific call into
MiNT kernel? Why? Do you think BadMood players would ever install MiNT? And
do you think BadMood will be finished?

>Aha, I forgot. I added some sort of singlemode to the kernel. As I know
>Gryf requested that for Thing, here goes the proper call:

Why the hell a desktop needs to switch my operating system into single
tasking mode?

>I also thought about expanding Pexec() for that - i.e. launch program in
>single mode. Comments?

It sounds like MiNT goes to MagiC. What are the advantages of starting a
program in single mode? Everyone can reboot to SingleTOS if he/she needs a
single mode...

Petr