Re: Supervisor mode & multitasking

On Fri, 20 Feb 1998, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> Hence the idea. But if you all think its more dangerous (because of normal
> programmers' lazyness), than advantageous, I can cancel this function.

No, I would definitely vote for a multitasking supervisor mode and have
noticed it would be handy for several things (network demos? ;-).
Aswell as this, a clean OS design would support supervisor multitasking.
Of course, in an OS like this, user processes shouldn't be able to change
themselves into supervisor.

         |    /     Kristoffer Lawson      |    www.fishpool.com
         +-> |    setok@fishpool.com       |  - - --+
             |-- Fishpool Creations Ltd - /         |