Re: spammed by ICQ ???

 >> Actually, what goes on is SMTPD receives the mail and cannot find
 >> the user requested by the email header in the SPAM, so it tries to
 >> reject it but winds into an endless loop because of missing configs.
 >
 >That's nonsence,

No, it's EXACTLY what's going on. I only posted ONE of the logs
(namely the error log), but others proove that ICQ's little toy
automatically sends mail to root@dynamic-port.domain as SPAM if
someone is trying to reach a netizen who isn't using ICQ.

 >> but it still doesn't justify ICQ using someone's local SMTP
 >> daemon to deliver SPAM...
 >
 >They don't!!! How could they? You have a dynamic IP!

THEY DO! They just send mail to whatever-ip.domain as SPAM.
Notice this is SPAM, not an attempt to use SMTPD to channel
their ICQ protocol; it really is an invitation to join ICQ
emailed to someone who doesn't give shit about a net-pager.

 >> IMHO, Mirabilis should be flooded with mail from
 >> MiNT/Unix/Linux/BSD users,
 >
 >IMHO, you should check out what is going wrong a bit more
 >before you blame ppl and get mad at them.

Maurits, I HAVE CHECKED EVERYTHING BEFORE MAILING THIS LIST.
THIS *IS* SPAM BY MIRABILIS, NOT A MISCONFIGURED KGMD THAT
MAGICALLY GENERATES FAKE SPAM OUT OF NOWHERE.

My only mistake was leaving SMPTD enabled after installing KGMD.
It's now disabled for good.

From: Martin-Eric Racine FUNKYWARE http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk
Atari TT030 12/48 NVDI 4.11r0, MiNT 1.14.5, N.AES 1.1.0, GlueSTiK
 Unsollicited material will be proof-read for $100 USD per word,
 payable within 10 days.  Submission of your advertisement to my
 address constitutes your formal acceptance of these terms.
 <TITLE><BLINK><H1>No HTML Messages Please!</H1></BLINK></TITLE>