Re: more questions

On Wed, Mar 25, 1998 at 02:38:13PM -0500, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
>I notice in KGMD, all daemons are renamed:
>
>   /usr/etc/in.ftpd
>   /usr/etc/in.telnetd
>   /usr/etc/in.rslogind
>   /usr/etc/in.rshd
>
>Is there any particular reason for that? Does it turn an internal
>switch in these daemons or anything? Or only for convenience?

It's the modern UNIX naming convention for daemons that are started by
inetd instead of running standalone.

--
			--Michael

Michael Hill   <><  Isaiah 9:6 | "Don't you forget now that Somebody died for
Michael_Hill@csgsystems.com    |  you/ I'm tellin' you the truth, man, I ain't
Aerospace/Software Engineer    |  gonna lie to you/ Good guys, bad boys, we're
CSG Systems, Inc.              |  all the same/ Saved by grace is the name of
http://www.qadas.com/~msh      |  the game."            --Allies, "Burden Down"
---In a marketplace (like the one of ideas), not everything has equal value!---
Did you ever notice that everybody in favor of abortion has already been born?!