Re: spammed by ICQ ???

On Mon, 9 Mar 1998, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> Since a couple of weeks, I am constantly flooded at the SMTPD level.

You're flooding yourself, the mails are received from yourself by
yourself. This looks like an error in your smail config. When you enable
smtp-reception (which you apparantly have), you should tell smail what
your hostname "from outside" is, so that smail knows which mail to deliver
locally. What goes wrong now, is that smail receives mail which was meant
for you, and tries to deliver it onto the net again.

At least that's what it looks like.

So, either disable your smtpd, or if you want to continue smtp reception,
add your "email hostname" (the WHOLE string behind the @ in your email
address) to the "hostnames =" line in /etc/smail/config. You probably also
have "TT030" there so the line would be:

hostnames = TT030:megacom.net

Ok your hostame isn't really megacom.net but then again you're not really
receiving smtp mail on that address. :)

Maurits.

---

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

          Maurits van de Kamp (maurits@bassment.demon.nl)

    _____    B A S S M E N T   P R O D U C T I O N S     _____
  /     /\\     >> http://www.bassment.demon.nl <<     /     /\\
|      \/   |   / Black Currant                  \   |      \/   |
|   /\      |  |             bc@bassment.demon.nl |  |   /\      |
 \ /=/     /   |  Purple Trance                   |   \ /=/     /
  \\/____ /     \            pt@bassment.demon.nl/     \\/____ /