Re: more question about porting/gcc

On Fri, 20 Mar 1998, Torsten Lang wrote:

> There is one thing Bernd didn't mention: My proposal was to reenable
> multitasking as soon as the started process did it's Mshrink() so normally we
> wouldn't have to wait the whole 2 ticks. This may speed things up especially
[...]
> Nevertheless there SHOULD be a possibility to start programs already Mshrinked
> (like accessories).

One way to do it would be to block Malloc() until the started process
has called Mshrink(), but to limit the blocking-time to e.g. 3 slices.
This way multitasking won't be disabled at all, the only affected
processes are those that does a Malloc(). It will ofcourse only work
if Pexec() use Malloc(), which I assume it does.

/*
**
*/