Re: Kernel 1.14.7 available

Yves Pelletier wrote:

> BTW, I too appreciate the renewed efforts to improve freeMiNT...
> I think it is a wise decision to break the 68000 barrier with
> the 1.15.x series.
>
> Yves

Now, if only it could be updated to support MacMiNT too, so that latter on PPC
support could be added. Also, this may enhance GEM/MiNT programs by using some
calls from the Mac ROM (in real Macs, Spectres, and softloaded ROMS) This way,
clone makers could be incouraged to create PPC based Atari clones.  A 68030 or
'040 emulator could be used to support legacy GEM programs.  This way, new GEM
programs could be made with PPC support for (hopefully if Sven can create the
bridge for the Amiga Blizzard PPC card)  PPC accelerated Falcons.  MiNT could
have PPC, DSP, and 68030+ libraries to further optimize application execution
in MiNT aware GEM programs.

BTW, what do you guys think of supporting the GNUSTep environment inside of
MiNT? This would probably be a better direction to go in placement of MiNT-X;
especially on Hades, TT's, and accelerated Falcons. I think that they have a
developer kit available now.

Peter Ross