Re: Mint terminal Garbage

Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, BRENT THIRSK wrote:
>
> > Did you solve the problem.
>
> No, I gave up when the ST I used as a terminal died...
>
> /*
> ** Jo Even Skarstein    http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~josk/
> **
> **    beer - maria mckee - atari falcon - babylon 5
> */
I seem to have located the area of problem. Login program
As I need 8 bit,no parity to run my curses on terminals and allow
funcion keys and print through-put to printer attached to terminals,
I can't use 7 bit, even parity that login seems to like.
I have set up ttytab to 8bit,no parity.
I then have to "stty" in csh.cshrc to reset protocol. The only things
that remain garbled are the Password prompt and the motd.
I know this is a real hack, but i works for now.
Does anyone have any idea why login program would set terminal protocol.
If not, I will post correction as soon as I have time to find it.

Brent