Re: Asm or C (was: Re: New Web browser for MiNT)

Johan Klockars <rand@cd.chalmers.se> writes:

|>> The main (only?) points where asm would be even noticably faster than
|>> C would be some bit operations (like roll) and a few other things which
|>> aren't mapped to C.

|> GCC is actually supposed to use rolls, but I have never tried that.
|> I'd guess it can easily be fooled if you don't write things in the way it
|> expects, though.

GCC recognizes expressions of the form `((i << n) | (i >> (m-n)))', where
m is a constant that is the number of bits in i, and i should be of
unsigned type.

--
Andreas Schwab                                      "And now for something
schwab@issan.informatik.uni-dortmund.de              completely different"