Re: Toggle B

Eero writes:
 >Actually it doesn't check anything, just toggles the bit for
 >the drive B in the TOS drive bitmap.  So you can set the bit
 >again by rerunning the program.  Unfortunately MiNT doesn't
 >know about that then though.
 >
 >Better would be to add drive bitmap re-reading and u: vfs
 >recreation to MiNT.  Then one would be able to do disk*drive*
 >mounts on the fly :-).

VERY interresting, especially since HD-Driver 5.13 cannot seem
to find drives that were not present when the driver was installed.

For instance, I just added my old ST-157 through the TT's SCSI port
(changed the ID to #1) and rebooted. It's not detected, but if I
try AHDI, it sees it fine.

So, mounting drives on the fly and requesting a re-scan of the SCSI
chain we be pretty neat indeed. ;-)

From: Martin-Eric Racine FUNKYWARE http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk
 Unsollicited material will be proof-read for $100 USD per word,
 payable within 10 days.  Submission of your advertisement to my
 address constitutes your formal acceptance of these terms.
 <TITLE><BLINK><H1>No HTML Messages Please!</H1></BLINK></TITLE>