Re: Apostrophe in argv

> In other words: This whole quoted filename discussion is irrelevant to the
> mintlibs. If an app will support quoted filenames the programmer can
> program it that way, just like a program can be made to do anything
> else the programmer wants. But the mintlibs need have nothing to do with
> it.

I agree.  I just wanted to make that clear.

> And on a related subject:
>
> What was wrong with using underscore characters in filenames
> instead of spaces, anyway? I can't think of any real reason why spaces in
> filenames could be necessary, IMHO they only make things more confusing!

What's wrong with spaces in filenames?  Nothing as long as you
use an intelligent shell (bash, tcsh, ...) and a filesystem
that support it.  The problem is that the combination of AES
and current desktops (a desktop is a shell!) is less intelligent.
Leave the MiNTLib intact and change the GEM stuff.

Ciao

Guido
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000