Re: floppy disk change (was Re: 1.15 kernel)

On Tue, May 26, 1998 at 08:40:32PM +0200, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:
> Sounds logical. I don't remember the 1772 well (it has been a while since
> I'd played with this chip), but won't the "read id" command prevent the
> motor from stopping? FDC is pretty simple, that I remember, but I don't
> know...

In that case, you would have to do your own timeout handling to turn off the
motor. This method definitely sounds possible, but it is quite some effort.

> Plus some "esc-emulator" for weird people using their Atari via
> telnet (like I do :-)).

That should be the smallest problem involved.

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen