Re: old crummy baggage (was: ?n or ?r?n?

  Howard Chu wrote:

>  >At one time, the MiNTlib contained tty emulation code for TOS,
>  >If this has broken recently, then I would guess that some of
>  >the "crufty old baggage" that was thrown out from recent
>  >library overhauls should not have been removed...

I'm pretty sure the fputc() patch is what "broke" the particular
code Petr was mentionning.

I don't think that's what you are suggesting, but... reverting
to the previous form of fputc() is not an option IMHO because
that would break any program that expects fputc to behave in the
standard Unix way.  Asmtrans.ttp is a case in point.  If I
understood you right, nothing much needs to be done unless tty
emulation was tampered with (I could be wrong but I don't recall
any changes to that effect).

Martin-Eric:

> I recently tried compiling ramfs.xfs and encountered:
>
>    ld: file not found for libgnu16.a
>
> So... where/when the hell did that vanish into thin air?

Looks like ld was searching for your lib under the wrong name.
Try:

cd /your/lib/directory
ln -s gnu16.olb libgnu16.a

and see if that helps.