Re: GEM and memory protection

> > What about a patch that would set the process protection flags to Global,
> > if the process is a GEM application (i.e. it is launched by AESSYS).
>
> I'm not sure, as this could encourage programmers to continue to
> ignore MP. It would be handy though...

They ignore the memory protection anyways :-) So that wouldn't hurt
anything (IMHO).

> > BTW. I've recently enabled the memory protection on the TT and it works
> > fine, though it is exactly the same system (a direct copy, no new
> > installation) as on the Falcon, where the memory protection prevented the
> > login from coming up.
> >
> > Has anyone experienced similar problem regarding Falcons and the memory
> > protection? Seems like another "feature" of TOS 4.
>
> Yes, I remember having this problem when I first installed KGMD on my
> Falcon. I just installed KGMD/N.AES on my TT, and memory-protection
> works quite well. But this might be related to the lack of alternate
> RAM on the Falcon, as I have similar problems on the TT if I remove
> the TT-RAM.

Aha. That would mean that the memory protection is fastram dependent.
(?)

Gtx

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@mi.com.pl                  | Atari Falcon030/TT030/65XE |

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.