Re: filesystem development...

On Thu, 21 May 1998, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> Recommended clients in my "draft" docs:
>
>                      Pine 3.96
                       ^^^^^^^^^
This isn't particularly easy to install, especially when you don't
have MiNTOS/K[EG]MD installed. Something like Infitra, MyMail or aMail
would be better, as they're all GEM-apps and more suited for newbies.
A pity neither of them is finished though ;-)

> At this point, I'm still debating wether I prefer to include TosWin
> or VCONS.  Remember, this kit is mainly intended to provide GlueSTiK
> and VFAT-floppy support, on a mere ST which is limited to 4 Mb.

Vcons use less memory, but is a pig to install w/o MiNTOS. It's easier
to use TosWin/TosWin2.

Btw. have you consider using a GEM-based installer (e.g. Winstall) for
this?

/*
**
*/