Re: filesystem development...

On Sat, 23 May 1998, Petr Stehlik wrote:

> What's wrong with tw52? Why don't you just tell me - "hey, line deleting
> does not work - fix it in termcap/terminfo" or something similar. Just
> "tw52 does not work OK" doesn't help me to fix that.

I tried to tell you about this problem before but you just said that it
was a bug in the software I was using. I'm not sure if this is the same
problem the other person was referring to though.

In Pine or Pico when editing a line by inserting new characters into the
line, the line does not get redraw properly.

For example, if I have a line like this:

hllo

And then try to insert a e to make it look like this:

hello

I end up with a line looking like this:

helo

(In other words the e that I typed over-wrote the l, instead of being
inserted.)

But when I press control-L, it looks as it should:

hello

Try it out and you'll see what I mean.

I do not know whether this affects other programs.

--
Mario Becroft                        Auckland, New Zealand
mb@tos.pl.net                    http://www.pl.net/~mario/      |\__/,|   (`\