Re: TT hardware (was: ST MiNT users)

 >> >    Well i partialy agree... But we CANT just ignore ST users.. and if i
 >> > recall corectly u didnt like f030 only patches in MiNT. As Linux and
 >> > NetBSD is concerned: they are foreign OS-es...
 >
 >MiNT should be continued as an 030 and above OS for Atari and Mac,
 >then as time goes by PPC native libraries can be introduced, then
 >once PPC upgrades and clones for/of Ataris become available, there
 >will already be support.

Precisely.
Every platform has to raise the "minimum" system requirement every now
and then.  Atari never has, but I think we should now assume 68020 and
640x400 as a minimal configuration.

 >I was under the impression that the TT's fastRam slot was 64 bit.
 >Couldn't a PPC/FastRam expansion board sit ontop of this?

I'm sure Sven could detail this better than me, but suffice it to say
the TT has several CPU access points:

      *  Cartridge         *  VME bus
      *  ST-Ram slot       *  TT-Ram slot

I cannot remember if there is a generic CPU expansion connector,
however.  Sven? ;-)

Martin-Eric Racine          # The Atari TT030 Homepage and FAQ #
FUNKYWARE CREATIONS inc.    http://www.megacom.net/~q-funk/TT030