re: /dev/video ?

Great idea Konrad!

I had recently thought about this when working on audiodev 0.9...but
Konrad's suggestions go further than my thoughts:

that we could get it to work in such a way as you could `cat` a *.{gif,jpg,
mpg,avi,fli,etc} at it, it would do the necessary saving of the current
screen, process the data, display it, pause for a number of user-definable
seconds - vctrl? - and then restore the screen.

I also thought about a /dev/dsp tthat could perform any data
conversion/processing for the audio, but this could equally be applied to a
/dev/video to uncompress video data, etc...

More thoughts anyone..?

Salut/.

J/.