Re: floppy disk change (was Re: 1.15 kernel)

draco@mi.com.pl%INTERNET wrote:

> > > BTW. SPIN seems to not read the Joliet W95 FS. You get only an empty dir
> > > with one README.TXT file that says you have to get a W95 compatible OS to
> > > read this. I was a bit disappointed, because so far SPIN was reading every
> > > "weird" CD-ROM I inserted.
> >
> > This message does not come from SPIN!. There must be an ISO9660
> > filesystem
> > on that CD containing this file.
> >
> > For me it sounds that this was a CD with an UDF filesystem. How was it
> > created?
>
> On W95. From what the README says, its Joliet CD. And AFAIK every Joliet
> CD has such a file, that is readable for ISO FS users.

A Joliet CD *is* an ISO9660 CD, however it has a separate directory
hierarchy with long Unicode filenames. So even on a non-Joliet reader,
a proper Joliet CD would show up with short filenames.

> The CD was created using Corel CD Creator. Perhaps its a "feature"
> specifically of this program.

I guess that it's an UDF disk, and the disk contains a UDF reader
for Win95. Adaptec is using similar methods.

> Another problem seems to not apply to SPIN, but anyways... I had Rock
> Ridge CD and the Thing desktop displayed all files in uppercase. I believe
> that this isn't SPIN what is to blame here, because I saw proper casing
> in the fileselector window.

Well, that's hard to check without having the CD. I just tested a
Rockridge CD in Gemini and certainly everything was fine.

I assume that you have a MiNT kernel with debug code. Turn on tracing
and see what Thing is doing :-)

Regards, jr