Re: Palette setting?

Katherine L Ellis wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Jun 1998, Tamminen Eero wrote:
>
> >No doubt 'everybody' is now eagerly awaiting for new W version <grin>.
> >(I wonder whether anybody actually 'uses' it besides me and Jan...)
>
> well, only 1 thing to say here, my own experience:
>
> An alternate OS/GUI is worth IF:
> It has many applications available already.
> Has many options and libs to fully them and that already existing
> AES/GUI don't have.
> In this respect, if it is very easy to port from X11 over W, well
> great. To run what APP? ;)

It has it's own web browser, it is totally MiNT aware as are all apps written
for it.  It's compact enough that 4 meg Ataris are suitable to run it.  I
think there is nothing wrong with having W-Windows.  It could be considered as
the MiNT window manager when the user is having a Unix type session and
doesn't require the GEM/AES overhead.  A MiNT-OS boot manager can allow the
user to select CONSOLE, W-WINDOWS, or GEM.  Especially, since MiNT will be
necessary to have a modern OS.  I think the built-in TOS should be reserved
for "legacy" gaming that can't be run from the console or from W or GEM.
Modern games should be expected to be MiNT compliant and resolution independent.

Peter