Re: Loadable keyboards

Jo Even Skarstein wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
>
> >  >The keyboard layout is loaded from file C:\MULTITOS\KEYBD.TBL. The format
> >  >is described in the Compendium (though Compendium says the file has to be
> >  >named KEYTBL.TBL, what is wrong IMHO).
> >
> > The description on 4.13 is about as clear as mud...
>
> I'm not sure what you mean, the format is pretty straight-forward. I'm
> not aware of any applications that can create/edit it though, so if
> you want to use it you might have to use a hex-editor (or better, qed
> in binary-mode)...
>

> ----------------8<-------------------
>
> It would have been nice if N.AES implemented this, if anybody on this
> list has any contact with it's authors then please ask them :-)
>
> /*
> ** Jo Even Skarstein    http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~josk/
> **
> **    beer - maria mckee - atari falcon - babylon 5
> */

Perhaps it would be good if oAESis development were restarted.  It is truly
amazing what you guys have done to FreeMiNT.  Maybe an AES development team
could come together the way the MiNT development has.  Aspects of XaAES and
oAESis could be combined with any new features suggested to further extend the
capabilities of the system. Continued development on the definitively
suggested AES for FreeMiNT would allow availability to anyone in any country.
Thus you have more people developing the AES than just a commercial company.

Question:  How far off is oAESis or XaAES from the capabilities of NAES?

Peter