Re: Palette setting?

On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, Jan Paul Schmidt wrote:

> > workstation must be opened first, but this is perhaps already done (after
> > all, TOS use VDI to draw the Fuji-logo and the text).
>
> Which TOS? I had a look at this some years ago and TOS writes directly
> into the screen buffer, when drawing the Fuji-logo. Maybe this changed
> with TOS >= 4, but I doubt it.

AFAIK TOS 4 use either VDI or LineA to blit the Fuji to the screen.

> > Normally you open virtual workstations with the handle retrieved from
> > graf_handle(), but all graf_handle() does is to return the handle to the
> > physical workstation the AES use. Currently this is always the screen.
>
> AES is not initialized, when a program runs in auto ordner, so graf_handle
> would return a random value and without luck, it would crash the VDI.

Exactly, that's why it should be possible to first open the physical
workstation (if not already open, but Julian is probably right when he
says it isn't), and then use the handle to the physical workstation to
open virtual workstations. I.e. there's no need to use graf_handle() to
get the handle to the physical workstation.

/*
** Jo Even Skarstein   http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~josk/
**
**   beer - maria mckee - atari falcon - babylon 5
*/