Re: Memory protection

On Fri, 12 Jun 1998, Julian Reschke-FJR010 wrote:

> Why don't you just set the program flags for the faulty programs?

Because you never know which programs will exhibit the problem until it's
too late. And even if I did know, I would find it a nuisance to maintain
the memory flags of the programs. It would be much easier if all the
programs just worked. And if protecting only writes but not reads
accomplished this, I would be quite happy, since I really have little use
for the read protection. If it is made optional, then people who do
require read and write protection can enable it if they want to.

I admit I haven't looked into the way memory protection is implemented, so
I don't know how easy it is to implement write protection only.

--
Mario Becroft                        Auckland, New Zealand
mb@tos.pl.net                    http://www.pl.net/~mario/      |\__/,|   (`\