Re: fatal error handling

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, Thomas Binder wrote:

> Well, if the system is able to endlessly repeat the "The system is
> halted message" (or similar) on a keypress (which is does on my F030),
> then it should also be able to do a (warm|cold)boot after a keypress,
> shouldn't it?

This sounds neat enough, but I'm not sure if I want MiNT to reboot on
any keypress. MiNT is usually halted for two reasons:

1. You want to switch off the computer, and I for one doesn't like to
   switch off/reset during boot (the "sorting auto-folder
   alphabetically"-syndrom usually happens if you disturb the
   boot-process.).

2. A critical error has appeared. MiNT then print a log of what
   happened, and quite often (atleast if you're a programmer) you want
   to actually see it.

In both cases it's very easy to accidentally reboot, because you
either bumped into the keyboard, was in the middle of some heavy
typing or just had one of those "stuck keys"-incidents (Afterburner).
Whenever I halt MiNT (or it gets halted by a critical error) I usually
I have a row of "The system is halted....."-messages, a automatic
reboot after one keypress would make the halt-function ususable for
me.

If anything should be done at all, it must be to change the phrase
"You must reboot" to something like "The system is halted, press
Control+Alt+Delete to reboot".

/*
**
*/