mail failed, returning to sender (fwd)

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Johan Klockars wrote:

> > oAESis is surprisingly good, basically it just needs to cleaned up. It's
>
> I never tried the last versions of oAESis, but I always preferred XaAES

The latest (last?) version is actually pretty good, but IIRC it lacks
some features. However, I managed to run a desktop and several
applications for quite a while before it crashed. The speed was pretty
impressive as well, but I believe it could be speeded up more by
rewriting objc_draw() (Mario Becroft has looked into this, so he knows
more about it than me).

But it's like any other hobby-project, as soon as the interesting
parts are finished and there's only fine-tuning and tidying left, you
loose interest in it.

> Speaking of the VDI, have you found those Mach docs you mentioned at NAS?

You haven't received it yet? I sent it Monday, but I've had some
strange problems with my SMTP-server lately so I guess it's lost. I'll
send it to you tomorrow morning.

> > really don't know how good it is. It looks a bit peculiar though, and I
> > for one is not very happy with it's Win95-look.
>
> The looks can be changed.

And they should, I don't think it's wise to deviate too much from the
established look & feel. It would have been cool with a beatifully
sculpted GUI, but I fear that it would introduce too many problems
with applications that makes assumptions on font-size, border-widths
etc.

There is room for improving the looks of window-gadgets, menus etc.,
but I think the current implementation of XaAES stretches it a bit too
far...

/*
**
*/