Re: SECURELEVEL bug?

 >> "Password:su setuid: permission denied."
 >
 >Are you sure that su is setuid root?
 >
 >It should look like this (if I'm not mistaken?):
 >24 -rws--x--x   1 root     bin        24576 Dec 30  1997 /usr/bin/su*
 >      ^
 >
 >The s is the key.

Ok, that worked.  I guess the mode was messed after I reinstalled
stuff that was corrupted after my recent hd crash.  Thanks Mikko.

I'm already familiar with the rwx flags, but not with the others.
Where can I find info about the 4-digit modes that change system
flags, such as above?

***

Now, why isn't httpd allowed access to /bin for shell scripts, if
SECURELEVEL=1 ?  I thought I read somewhere that /bin should be
accessible by anyone (ie: general system binaries)?

 Martin-Eric Racine           The Atari TT030 Homepage with FAQ
 FUNKYWARE CREATIONS inc.     http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/