Help

I am having a real problem with logging in on ttys.
I have had the problem of terminal garbage as soon as I type in the
user name. Password prompt is garbled. I could type in the password
and my TTs would accept it. The motd and messages to follow were
garbled. I could reset the tty from csh.cshrc or whatever shell I use.
Now all of a sudden, I cannot login. The login does not recognize the
password.

My gettytab is set to 8bit no parity. As soon as the login is invoked,
it changes the tty to 7 bit. Using a standard vt52 terminal, I can
login at 8 bits for the user name, change the terminal to 7 bit, and
enter the password. Messages are echoed ok to tty this way.
I then have to change terminal to 8 bit, as my csh.cshrc resets the
tty to 8 Bit. Everything functions fine from there.

Surely there must be some way to set the ttys to 8 bit no parity.
I would have thought the ttytab and gettytab confiurations should
become the defaults for the tty. Apparently not. It would be ok the
reset the tty from the terminal, only you have to able to login to do
this.

I need some suggestions. Can ttys be set from the rc.

I am running a TT with init booted , no AES, no net. Just plain bare
bones. I have 5 vcons installed. These login and function just fine.
I also have to set everything at 9600baud. 19200 does not seem to work,
as login seems to reset to 9600.
--
Brent
Thirsk Engine /Ponoka/Alberta/Canada