RE: fputc

On Fri, 17 Jul 1998, Howard Chu wrote:

> In what context are you talking? I thought all stdio behavior was based on
> the _binmode variable...

The problem is with non-MiNT systems.

Quoting Christian,

"If a program do output via fputc() and you run it unter !MiNT
(plain TOS or MagiC) it produces wrong new-lines.

>From a printf("hello\nhello\n") you get this:

   hello
        hello"

This feature caused on the patch which you have added to fputc() on 4. Jan
1998. Before you have add this patch the behaviour of \n depends on UNIXMODE:
if it was not set you got only \n but if you set UNIXMODE=b you got \r\n.
Why do you have change this thing?? "

End quote

The way fputc was before, (systematically inserting \r before
all lone \n), still seems wrong to me...  but I would revert to
if it were the only way to go.

Yves