Re: Documentation

On Sun, 5 Jul 1998, Janez Valant wrote:

>    Please do keep in mind, MiNT DOES need some 200mb or atleast 100... I
> know it fits on 50, but u need space for accounts, pine, lynx and other
> unix apps.... Fitting MiNT on 50mb is like saying PC needs 100mb hdd
> because Win may fit on 100mb.... So, i think this is VERY important matter
> which must be explained in docs!

This is exactly the misunderstanding I want to clear up. :) MiNT itself
(which is NOT mintos) requires 180kb.. what else you load with it is
entirely up to you. You don't HAVE to setup a whole BSD-like multiuser
system just to use MiNTnet. (Of course it's the nicest way to do it) :) I
just want to make clear in the docs how versatile MiNT is and what
different ways there are to use it.

And as for the disc space, well.. you ALWAYS need space for the programs
you are gonna use, that's quite obvious. (Btw also MiNTos can be ran on a
small space, for which Martin-Eric already made a setup which if I
understood the plans correctly is also going to be an option when
installing MUD).

Maurits.

---

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

          Maurits van de Kamp (maurits@bassment.demon.nl)

    _____    B A S S M E N T   P R O D U C T I O N S     _____
  /     /\\     >> http://www.bassment.demon.nl <<     /     /\\
|      \/   |   / Black Currant                  \   |      \/   |
|   /\      |  |             bc@bassment.demon.nl |  |   /\      |
 \ /=/     /   |  Purple Trance                   |   \ /=/     /
  \\/____ /     \            pt@bassment.demon.nl/     \\/____ /