MiNT VFAT/ZIp drive probes

hello,

I just ran into a weird problem.
If I boot up my system without a Zip floppy inserted in my internal
Zipdrives I can't read the contents of a Zip medium if I inserted one
afterwards. If I open the drive I get the main contents but I can't open a
dir or read a file. All I get is a *TOS -14 error*
To make it more strange (at least for me) I can read the contents after I
first try to open the zipdrive (without medium) given me the TOS -34 error
-which is obvious because there isn't a medium inserted-. If I then
inserted a medium I can read it but the long filenames are gone.
mintsetter.prg or fsetter.prg says then it's a tos-xfs partition although
it should be a VFAT partition according to my mint.cnf settings
(NEWFATFS=A,K,M  VFAT=A,K,M   M being my zipdrive.)

I don't get these problems if I boot up with a ZIPmedium inserted.

BTW: I'm doing this on a Hades 060/freeMiNT 1.15-beta-2.7/N.AES
1.1.7/Thing 1.27/NovaVDI 1.61/NVDI 5

CU
Martin

--
quote of the day:
Otagger ß1.21: If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?