What version of Unix?

  Hi. What version of Unix are we closest to? I'm asking because I've just
  picked up a Unix reference book, and it lists several different flavors.
  (SunOS, Solaris, BSD, FreeBSD, Linux, etc, etc,...) Minix is mentioned in
  there, as well. If I know what release we are closest to, then I can
  figure out what commands will most likely work.

  (this ref. book has already been a time-saver, I found out the up-arrow
   key will scroll through your previously typed commands!)

  Thanks! (and Mint rules!) ;-)

     /    --T--      /   Sysop of The DarkForce! BBS   /     /\        / /
    /  -A T A R I-  /   Phone 1-606-886-9014 Today!   /  Dark><Chyld  / /
   /      --G--    /   The Fuji -still- Lives...!!   /       \/      / /