Re: Daylight savings time ended in Europe

On Wed, Oct 28, 1998 at 03:38:09AM +0200, Kristoffer Lawson wrote:
> Windows has a bug concerning that, IIRC. None of the UNIX machines
> here had problems (surprising enough) ;-)

No wonder - Unix has the RTC running in GMT and does the conversion on the
fly.

> The system clock is most likely in GMT even on Windows (at least NT). Just
> the GMT->local conversions were apparently buggy. If you had waited an
> hour I think it would've resolved.

Definitely not on Win95 - my PCs clock *is* set to GMT (which works fine
under Linux) - however, in Win95 the clock is assumed to be local time,
which gives a difference of 1-2 hours - well, I can live with that.

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen