Re: FreeType - A TrueType engine

> Ever heard of FreeType?  FreeType is a truetype font engine,

Yes.

> FreeType performs high-quality rendering of true type fonts and
> of course platform-specific.  I've written a driver for the
> AES/VDI but I'm not sure if everything works with every thinkable

I did that too about half a year ago to see if there would be any
problems integrating it with fVDI.

> I think FreeType could be particularly interesting for those
> guys that are working on that free VDI.  FreeType

That has been planned all along.

> should be perfect for their needs because it offers a low-level
> API, the rendering quality is excellent, it is safe (broken

Indeed.
I've not yet got around to adding any support for external font rendering
engines to fVDI, but it will be in there eventually.

Speaking of fVDI, it's shaping up rather nicely (if I dare say so myself ;-),
but extra help would be very welcome...

Lately, most of my work has been on the engine itself (implementing new
functions and making things ready for the first boot test (RSN(TM))), but
another person (recently two) has also (with some help) got a hardware
accelerated mach64 (NOVA for example) driver working rather well.  :-)

A new version, v0.90, is expected to be released shortly.

--
  Chalmers University   | Why are these |  e-mail:   rand@cd.chalmers.se
     of Technology      |  .signatures  |            johan@rand.thn.htu.se
                        | so hard to do |  WWW/ftp:  rand.thn.htu.se
   Gothenburg, Sweden   |     well?     |            (MGIFv5, QLem, BAD MOOD)