Re: MiNT 1.15.1.beta-1 problems

> On Mon, Nov 16, 1998 at 05:11:29PM +0100, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:
> > The point is I am not completely sure it is really unnecessary. It may be,
> > but the fact the code exists (i.e. somebody bothered to introduce it)
> > makes me suspicious. F.e. does TOS 1.02 restore everything (except
>
> I would not count on that.
>
> Without criticising anyone, it seems that not all contributors to MiNT were
> quite knowing what they were doing - I just found out that the crashes on
> Milan when the cache was on were due to self-modifying code in the XBRA
> install routine without taking care of the cache. The whole XBRA stuff is
> quite ugly (Frank has patches that make it work, but the 'clean' solution
> will require a bit more re-writing).

Hmm. Very interesting. Could you be more specific? I.e. which module
contains the self-modifying code. I am just wondering how I could to
not notice such a thing.

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@mi.com.pl                  | Atari Falcon030/TT030/65XE |
|http://www.orient.uw.edu.pl/~conradus/

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.