Re: [MiNT] MILO - was fatal error handling

On Mon, 7 Dec 1998, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> > What we need is a MiLO (MiNT loader).  If this is the only
> > program in the auto folder no problem with sorting algorithms.
> > It doesn't need to have a sophisticated interpreter. It is
> > enough if it could understand and execute arbitrary TOS-style
> > command lines.
>
> Funny, but I was recently thinking about the same. :) Such a loader
> could execute some simple script (i.e. just a series of commands to
> execute programs those are normally in the AUTO), then launch MiNT.
> Or something like this.

IMO the best would be to use TCL or something similar for parsing the
execution script (TCL would be the easiest and best to link with a C
program to do that). That way we could have more complex scripts that
automatically detect different options etc. In fact, unless that requires
some special TOS/Atari -related knowledge, it's such a quick an easy
program to make that even I could be persuaded to contribute the about 30
lines of code it takes ;-)

         |    /     Kristoffer Lawson      |    www.fishpool.com
         +-> |    setok@fishpool.com       |  - - --+
             |-- Fishpool Creations Ltd - /         |