Re: [MiNT] MiNTlib - new functions

On Mon, 4 Jan 1999 22:14:42 +0100, Michael Schwingen wrote:

MS>> You know, writting the file name as it is (say "HELLO WORLD") causes
MS>> very bad things to your directory structure, that´s clear. Fixing it in
MS>
MS>No, that´s not clear. It may just be difficult to delete them, but I think
MS>TOS should handle that fine internally.

Maybe yes, but I have got a bugreport that said "PARCP destroys my disks
and I have to format them". It was because the user didn´t know how to
get rid of that filenames so he had to use format. Desktop nor Thing can
delete it. _Maybe_ that Fdelete("HELLO WORLD") would delete it, but if
all desktops list just "HELLO" it´s hard to guess how the filename
continues in the directory entry, you know.

MS>Creating ´this is a long name´ under TOS should not cause trouble

Creating does not cause trouble, but accessing, renaming and deleting of
this file (listed as "this") will cause serious troubles (for users
without disk editors at least).

Petr
--
E-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz                        PARCP developer