Re: [MiNT] Kernal questions.

On 28 Jan 99 01:58:14 +0100, Maurits van de Kamp wrote:

> > >Yes it is, the floppy-drive is active for about 30 seconds before MiNT
> > >continues to boot. With a floppy inserted it takes less than a second.
> >
> > I never have a floppy in my drive of my machines during booting. My Hades
> > and TT030 boots without any delay.
>
> Same with my Falcon and Mega STe.. in fact I never saw MiNT behave
> like that.. I think Jo Even has got a problem somewhere. :) (At least

I just checked to be sure that I remembered it correctly. This is what happens:

With a empty drive it takes TOS a couple of seconds longer to boot in the first
place. Then, when MiNT comes to the point...

mount: GEMDOS drive a: mounted thru XHDI
DKInitVolume: Media rejected               <-- Taken from memory

...it starts chewing on the empty floppy for exactly 30 seconds before it
continues to boot.

The only thing that differs my Falcon from your is (I guess) "only" the
Afterburner, but as Frank Naumann has one too I don't think this is a AB-specific
problem.

/*
**
*/