Re: [MiNT] tzinit bug

On Fri, 29 Jan 1999 12:10:05 +0200 (EET), Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

MR>Similarly, MiNT´s clock is always offset by X minutes (as specified
MR>in the TZ environment) even if I specifically request "local" time.
MR>
MR>Proof:
MR>
MR>Clocky (the cornerclock/mouseaccelerator by Petr Stehlik) shows
MR>a certain time during AUTO-folder process (which seems to come
MR>straight from BIOS time).
MR>
MR>After the kernel and N.AES have booted, ´date´ and X-Control
MR>(which seems to indicate GEMDOS) are 2 hours ahead of the time
MR>displayed by Clocky (which matches the time showed in SingleTOS)

I am sorry but this probably is not the right proof (unless you have the
DTCOOKIE.PRG installed). Please read the section "Technical Background"
in Clocky.HYP if in doubt.

Otherwise I fully agree with you - MiNT/TZINIT should not force us to
re-set hardware clock to UTC.

Petr
--
E-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz                        PARCP developer