Re: [MiNT] MiNTlib - new functions

Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> On Tue, 5 Jan 1999, Julian F. Reschke wrote:
> >
> > It should be fixed where it's broken, not in the library. So I would
> > prefer to see a TSR hooking into GEMDOS (which would then have to load
> > before MiNT in case TOSFS is still in use).
>
> NO! NO! NO!  Hell NO!
>
> MiNT already is a TSR itself and we have too many of those already.
> I recall everyone agreeing that the AUTO folder was a bad idea, so
> why do you suggest yet another TSR?  *sigh*

>   Martin-Eric Racine * http://www.pp.fishpool.com/~q-funk/M-E/
>   The Atari TT030 Homepage * http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/

Because a fix which is specific to a particular filesystem
implementation
should be kept separalety, instead of making either the library or the
kernel even bigger. The MiNT library already is way too big, which is
one of the reasos for the lack of acceptance by PureC programmers.

Maybe we should concentrate on get shared libraries going, then this+
issue wouldn't be that bad.

Regards, jr