[MiNT] pid directory

Another problem, similar to the wtmp path mentioned in my other post
about INIT, is the location of the pid files.  Those should usually
go in /var/run/(appname).pid but several things in KGMD write it to
/etc/(appname).pid instead.

CRON 3.* (most recent port) is one of those without any explicit
declaration of the PID path, nor a header that would define some
system-wide location for those.

Again, a question for Unix gurus:

1) are _all_ daemons expected to write their PID file into /var/run ?
2) where would I find the pathname used, when it's not declared anywhere?
3) Would there be some sort of unwritten rule that says the PID will be
   written in the same dir as the CONF file?

  Martin-Eric Racine * http://www.pp.fishpool.com/~q-funk/M-E/
  The Atari TT030 Homepage * http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/