Re: [MiNT] ()

On Tue, Feb 09, 1999 at 06:26:32PM +0100, Konrad Kokoszkiewicz wrote:
> Even if memory protection doesn't currently run on a 68040, I do not think
> we should introduce into MiNT anything that explicitly encourages
> programs to access someone's else memory, thus be endangered with a bus
> error or similar fatal signal.

I fully agree to that.

If you need the time from an interrupt, hook into _hz_200 or similar and
count ticks, and sync that local variable with Gemdos' view of date/time
(eg. on startup, or whenever it is possible). Aceessing kernel memory seems
like an unneccessary hack to me.

(and I still found no explanation why you would need date/time from inside
an interrupt handler).

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen