Re: [MiNT] ()

On Wed, 10 Feb 1999 01:44:31 +0100, Michael Schwingen wrote:

MS>If you need the time from an interrupt, hook into _hz_200 or similar and
MS>count ticks, and sync that local variable with Gemdos´ view of date/time
MS>(eg. on startup, or whenever it is possible).

this is already done and was the easier part. Now one has to ensure that
if user changes the date/time by calling a GEMDOS or XBIOS function the
routine in interrupt must notice that.

MS>Aceessing kernel memory seems like an unneccessary hack to me.

I didn´t want to access kernel memory - I just wanted kernel to let his
internal date and time somehow visible via the DATE and TIME cookies.

MS>(and I still found no explanation why you would need date/time from inside
MS>an interrupt handler).

TSR programs run in interrupts completely. Corner clocks are usually
written as TSR programs. Otherwise they would not be usable in singleTOS
because they would block the whole OS/active application.

OK, you may tell me "write corner clock for MiNT and don´t bother us". I
don´t want to discuss methods of writting corner clocks here, anyway.
What I wanted is to add a support for DATE/TIME cookies into MiNT
because I think it´s nearly a standard supported by BigDOS and other
(few) programs. I simply wanted to enhance FreeMiNT but if you say "no"
I can manage that.

Petr
--
E-mail: stehlik@cas3.zlin.vutbr.cz                        PARCP developer