Re: [MiNT] DATE/TIME cookies

On Wed, Feb 03, 1999 at 07:44:00AM +0100, Jörg Westheide wrote:
> Hi Petr!
>
> PS>I have just added the creating of "DATE" and "TIME" cookies into MiNT.
> Do you really think we should support this cookies?
> IMO they are a hack to deal with the lacking possibility to call Tgettime()
> and Tgetdate() from interrupts (is this really not possible under MiNT?).
> They encourage programers to access memory owned by the kernel of which I
> think it should be forbidden.
> I would prefer to make this GEMDOS functions really reentrant so that they
> can be called from interrupts

I'm not familiar with reentrancy problems.  Anyway, for clarification:
Tgettime and Tgetdate both call the XBIOS function Gettime().  They
are completely independent of the ROM-TOS versions of Gettime and
Getdate.  This has been changed in 1.14.8.

Ciao

Guido
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000/
mailto:gufl0000@stud.uni-sb.de

Murphy's Law is recursive.  Washing your car to make it rain doesn't
work.